News and Press
Bushiroad Launches Official English Future Card Buddyfight Website and Facebook Page
Bushiroad officially launched an English-language website and Facebook page for its newest trading card game, Future Card Buddyfight. The official Future Card Buddyfight website is located at http://fc-buddyfight.com/en, while the official Facebook page is located at www.facebook.com/Buddyfight.
Both sites will serve as hubs for up-to-date information on Buddyfight products and events for English-speaking regions worldwide. The Facebook page will also allow fans of the game to communicate directly with Bushiroad as well as with each other.
Future Card Buddyfight launches in January, 2014, with the releases of Trial Deck Vol. 1: Dominant Dragons and Trial Deck Vol. 2: Savage Steel on January 24, 2014. The first booster for the series, Booster Pack Vol. 1: Dragon Chief, will release one week later on January 31, 2014, with a full schedule of products coming out throughout the remainder of 2014.
Bushiroad will support Future Card Buddyfight with a robust organized play program from launch, further details of which will be forthcoming. An English-language dub of the animated program will also be available shortly thereafter in Singapore, Malaysia and on YouTube.
Future Card Buddyfight will be available in the UK via Esdevium Games.
Future Card Buddyfight (English) - http://fc-buddyfight.com/en
Future Card Buddyfight Facebook - www.facebook.com/Buddyfight
As the release of Eldritch Horror approaches, in partnership with FFG, Esdevium Games will be supporting stores in organising Eldritch Horror Preview Events. The Eldritch Horror preview is an exclusive event taking place between 15-17th November. A limited number of retailers will be participating and will give eager investigators an early chance to save the world. Participating stores will each receive a preview kit containing the following items (limit one kit per store):
- One complete copy of Eldritch Horror. Use it to run demos so players can get a feel for the world-spanning fight against evil that is Eldritch Horror!
- One A3 poster Generate excitement for Eldritch Horror’s with this promotional poster.
- A pre-order signup sheet. Place this handy flyer on your countertop or near your Eldritch Horror demo area, and empower players to declare their pre-orders for Eldritch Horror!
Participating Stores and Game Clubs – Exact location can be found by clicking on the Find Your Game Store map here: (List will be regularly updated with retailers and dates)
2014 marks the 10th anniversary of the original release of Ticket to Ride. To celebrate, Days of Wonder is hosting a yearlong series of tournaments to determine the top players in the world and crown a new Ticket to Ride World Champion!
Throughout 2014, regional tournaments will be held in the UK to determine qualifiers to play in National Championship events. In collaboration with Days of Wonder, Esdevium Games will support UK stores in organising these events. Stores hosting Championship events will be announced on this page so be sure to check back for more details.
The National Champions will be invited to Paris in September of 2014 for the Ticket to Ride World Championship. How will the Ticket to Ride World Champion celebrate his or her victory? With a World-Class rail adventure – the Grand Prize is an unforgettable trip for two to the orient which includes a rail link aboard the legendary Eastern & Oriental Express between Bangkok and Singapore!
Will you be the one to catch that train ride of a lifetime?! You’ll only find out if you enter the Ticket to Ride Championships.
How to Enter
If you’ve got what it takes to be a Ticket to Ride Champion join now. If you are at least 18 years old and a resident of the UK it’s easy to enter. For detailed Terms and Conditions please check The Official Ticket to Ride World Championship Rules document..
To get started, email email@example.com with your full name, age and email address.
Prizes will be offered to winners at every round of qualifiers. Along with an invitation to participate in the next step of the Championship, players will also receive commemorative plaques or trophies.
Each National Champion will win Air or Trainfare and hotel accommodations for the World Championships in Paris, France and a National Championship Trophy.
The player who is crowned World Champion in Paris will win a magnificent Grand Prize – a 9 days/8 nights trip for two to Asia, including 3 nights aboard the Luxurious Eastern & Oriental Express. From the excitement of Bangkok to the elegance of Singapore, this trip will be an unforgettable journey through the heart of South-East Asia with visits to colonial Georgetown, Fort Cornwallis and the infamous River Kwai. (see Official Rules and Prize list for additional information).
For complete rules and prize details, download The Official Ticket to Ride World Championship Rules document.
Dobble was voted second best game at the Christmas in July press event, taking place on 2nd July.
The awards were organised by parenting site, UKMums.TV, and were voted for by a group of leading Mummy Bloggers who attended the event.
The ‘Mums Choice – Top 3 Games & Puzzles’ award is the third UK-award Dobble has achieved, in addition to previously being named a UKMums.TV – Top Choice and winning Silver in the 5-7 Awards.
We’ve just received some cool news from Z-Man games, the company behind games like Pandemic, Bruges and Agricola. They are launching F2Z Digital Media Inc. that will develop and launch digital versions of board games!
See below for details.
Launch of F2Z Digital Media Inc.
Z-‐Man Games, the publisher of award-‐winning board and card games (Pandemic, Carcassonne, Agricola), is proud to announce the creation of F2Z Digital Media Inc. that will develop and launch digital versions of board games! Since its creation in 1999, Z-‐Man Games has developed a strong expertise in the board game market and has decided to go digital in order to allow more players to discover its passion for board games.
F2Z Digital Media Inc. is an entirely independent company from Z-‐Man Games. It has its own dedicated team, creating quality digital versions of games developed by Z-‐Man Games, as well as tittles from its partners.
More and more aspects of our lives are now directly linked to digital devices. Over 19 million iPads and 37 million iPhones were sold in the first quarter of 2013. The digital market is in full swing, as the number of apps purchased last year was 56 billion, and the projected number for this year is 82 billion. F2Z joins the digital era today in hopes of becoming one of the leaders in the industry.
The first game to launch with F2Z Digital Media will be the cooperative game that has had a grand success with its new edition: Pandemic! After taking the planet by storm and selling thousands of copies in the USA alone since its relaunch, the game will have its own digital version very soon. An iPad app is currently in the works and a release date will be announced shortly.
The release schedule will be announced later this year. Other games in the Z-‐Man portfolio will follow, expansions for Pandemic, but also Parade, a unique card game from a Japanese partner.
We’ve recently launched our Dobble Challenge for independent bricks and mortar stores. You can check the terms and conditions below as well as the video tutorial.
Terms & Conditions:
1. This competition refers to Esdevium Games’ “Dobble” card game and is open to all UK independent bricks and mortar stores who currently deal or will start dealing with Esdevium Games up to Friday 17th January 2014 (before London Toy Fair). Stores selling Dobble on Amazon Marketplace or equivalent online outlets are not eligible for this promotion.
2. Participating stores must purchase 100 or more units of Dobble from Esdevium Games (to be sold via demonstrations in-store) in the specified time period to qualify for a £1 per unit sold credit to their Esdevium Games account. There will be no exceptions to this rule. Stores’ initial orders of 12 Dobble to obtain a free demo copy will count towards their 100 unit target, however, the free demo copy will not. Only company credit will be issued. No cash, cheques or other payments will be issued by Esdevium Games.
3. Participating stores who purchase 100 or more units of Dobble will also be entered into a grand prize draw to win a laptop or tablet of their choice (max. value £500).
4. Prize draw will take place on the final day of London Toy Fair 2014, 23rd January, and winner will be notified on the same day if possible or within 7 days from that date.
5. Only over-the-counter sales in a bricks & mortar store will be accepted.
6. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, Esdevium Games reserves the right to (a) substitute prizes to that of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances, amend or terminate the promotion without notice.
7. The winner must claim their prize within 1 month of notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, Esdevium Games reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
8. The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names, retail store and photographs in such publicity.
9. By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions, which are non-negotiable.
10. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.